PDCA State Coordinator Job Description
The mission of the PDCA is to support Competitive Diving Coaches.
5000 Trained Competitive Diving Coaches by 2030.
Help Competitive Diving succeed in the 5 areas of Diving
Coaching – Facilities – Competition Structure – Inurance – Marketing
PDCA State Coordinators have 4 main responsiblities (listed below), but in addition, PDCA State Coordinators give help new or learning Competitive Diving Coaches. They support through education, training and mentoring. The coordinator coordinates the support of newer coaches with experienced coaches.
* State coordinators are active members of the Professional Diving Coaches Association.
* Coordinators are non-paid volunteers who are engaged in their position each year for 4 years. September 1 to August 31.
*Coordinators may be elected by the coaches in thier state or assigned by the PDCA Administration if State membership is below 20 members.
*Elections are in August.
1. Participate on monthly PDCA Coordinator Calls
2. State Coach Instruction
* Hold 3 quarterly meetings & attend convention (4th Quarter) in person or virtually
Quarter 1 – Technical Training 1
Quarter 2 – Club & Meet Administration Training
Quarter 3 – Technical Training 2
Quarter 4 – Attend Convention virtually or at AAU Natls
3. Grow US PDCA membership
* Contact current coaches in your state to (All Competitive Diving Coaches and potential Competitive Diving Coaches – High school coaches, College Diving Coaches, Club Diving Coaches and any other Competitive Diving Coaches)
*Contact former divers (Dovers) to help them start a club or return to coaching with an already established club.
* Attend meets & Inform coaches about the PDCA and answer questions.
* Distribute the latest PDCA marketing information to the competitive diving community in your state.
* Look for new growth opportunities in all areas of diving. Small clubgrowth, YMCA, Phys Ed classes & parent helpers.
4. Track and submit monthly state numbers of:
Coaches, Programs and Pools
* Collegiate (Division I, II, III and Junior College)
* Clubs (USA Diving & AAU Diving)
* High School Diving
* Summer League
*Any other Competitive Diving Coaches Programs and Pools.
PDCA State Coordinators
• California – 1Applicant
• New Hampshire
• New Jersey
• New Mexico
• New York
• North Carolina
• North Dakota
• Ohio – Matt
• Rhode Island
• South Carolina
• South Dakota
• West Virginia